Things We Can’t Clean
Some things we won’t be able to help with
To help keep our teams safe we have a few requests.
We love pets but please, make sure your animals are out of harm’s way or locked up if necessary.
Working outside can leave our teams vulnerable to dehydration and other effects. Please, keep our staff indoors.
We keep our teams on the ground at all times. This means no climbing ladders of any kind. We’ll use extending poles to clean hard to reach places.
Our staff isn’t able to lift more than 30lbs. For their safety, If you require cleaning behind appliances or furniture please make accommodations to get these moved.
We aren’t equipped to clean any chemical or biological waste. Let us know if you have any of these challenges and we’ll be happy to refer you to someone who can help with these messes.
Things We Can’t Clean
There aren’t many things Tidy Casa can’t clean. Below is the short list of common items we get asked for but can’t help with are below. There may be additional things not on this list which we can’t do. If you have any questions, give us a call. 🙂
If something is included in this list it’s there because we either aren’t carrying the proper coverage for the task or we don’t carry the equipment to do so.
In cases where you need help with the following let us know. In most cases, we’ll have a great specialist who can help you out. 🙂
- Unloading the Dishwasher: We’re always happy to clean dishes and load the dishwasher. However, we’re not able to unload the dishwasher. It can sound silly BUT there’s a good reason for this. When unloading a dishwasher we’re more likely to break dishes. This creates additional liability, and no one likes broken dishes. Also, we can always make the best guess but we don’t 100% know where all your dishes go. Nothing stinks as much as looking for your favorite coffee cup. Only to find out it got put away in the wrong cupboard weeks ago.
- Cleaning Dishwashers and Washing Machines: Over time dishwashers can build up an odor and need a light cleaning keeping to keep fresh. This isn’t a service we offer. It can be very time consuming to clean. Cleaning a washing machine or dishwasher can take up to 4 hours and most of that time is waiting around. This makes the process non-economical for us and you. To clean a dishwasher or washing machine, simply add 1 cup of white vinegar and run a cycle on hot. Once complete, run one more time to remove any leftover vinegar. This should remove any smell. Then any leftover particles can be wiped away.
- Light bulbs & lighting fixtures: We won’t wipe down or wet wipe light bulbs. These are too fragile and too big a liability for us to clean.
- Garages & patios: With Arizona heat, we need to keep our teams indoors. It’s too dangerous in AZ for us to clean outdoors. Plus, we don’t carry the necessary pressure washers to clean patios and garages correctly. Because of this, we can’t clean garages or patios.
- Outside or very high-up windows: Outside windows can require ladders and special equipment to clean properly. Our teams are only set up to clean inside windows which can be reached with extending poles. For windows greater than 8 feet high we may not be able to clean even if it’s an inside window.
- High up Places: Safety is incredibly important to us. Because of this, we require our teams to keep both feet on the ground at all times. This means no climbing on ladders of any kind including small step stools. We’ll use extending poles to clean hard to reach places but they won’t be able to reach everything depending on how high it is. If the cleaning requires cleaning window panes, walls, or cobwebs higher than 5 feet, or ceiling fans higher than 7 feet we’ll need to refer another service. If there are any questions about what we can reach please, give us a call and we’ll happily get it figured out. Thanks for keeping our teams safe! 🙂
- Removing Paint from windows, countertops, and floors: Unless you’ve booked a post-construction cleaning, we won’t be able to help with the removal of dried paint from the windows, floors or countertops. Even if you can “take it off with your finger” doing so can be very time-consuming and dangerous in terms of possible damage to the floor or counter. Because of this, doing so requires special consideration and a special price to be sure we can do it properly. If this is something you want to be done we need to be told beforehand.
- Odor removal and remediation: Removing strong odors from animal waste, smoke, mold or anything else that may require remediation isn’t something Tidy Casa can help with. We have trusted experts we can refer you to for this, however. Let us know if this is something you need to be done. 🙂
- Detailed carpet and floor cleaning: Detailed carpet and floor cleaning beyond sweeping, mopping and vacuuming isn’t something our staff can do. If steam cleaning or floor waxing, buffing or polishing is required we have specialists we can refer you too. Let us know if this is something you’re looking for.
- Construction Cleanings: Construction cleanings require special preparations and a unique ability to quote construction messes. We are not a construction cleaning company and can’t help with these jobs. If you recently remodeled or built a new home and require construction cleaning help, we’ll need to refer you to another service. If you booked a deep cleaning thinking “it’s just a little dust” and didn’t disclose the property recently had construction. We’ll have to leave and refer you to another service.
- Bed Bug and Other Insects: Issues related to insects, especially bed bugs. The home needs to have a professional bed bug removal service and a professional carpet cleaning. Once this has been done we’ll be able to start cleaning services again. If we discover there is an insect problem or bed bugs. We’ll have to stop the service and refer you to an insect removal service.
- Pet Hair in Upholstery and Furniture: Having a couch full of pet hair is a common issue when it comes to animals. As much as we’d love to help with this. It does take special equipment, training, and most of all time. While we do have an extra for the removal of pet hair. It’s important to note this does not apply to the removal of pet hair from upholstery or furniture. This extra gives us some extra time to vacuum and mop the extra times it takes to get pet hair off the floor. Nothing more. It does NOT apply to the removal of pet hair anywhere else but the floors.
Other Things To Note
- Homes Larger Than 2,500 SQFT: We stick to flat-rate pricing as much as possible. This works 99% of the time. Some larger homes we can’t clean based on the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, however. Homes larger than 2,500 SQFT, need to be booked by the SQFT. This helps us get a more accurate estimate of the amount of work needed. As well as, helping ensure a great, unrushed, and thorough cleaning. If we find a home is larger than 2,500 sqft, we’ll request a change. We’ll always reach out before making any changes to the price of a cleaning.
We can’t wait to help you tidy up!