Move In and Move Out Home Cleaning Service
Book your move-in / move-out cleaning today!
Moving isn’t easy, the last thing you need to worry about is getting the old/new home cleaned. Leave it to the professionals, let the experts at Tidy Casa take care of the move-in / move-out cleaning for you.
Whether you’re a renter moving out or a landlord with a new tenant on the way. The move-in / move-out cleaning is important.
When a place gets rented it’s crucial that the new resident moves into a clean space. As a renter, it’s important to clean on the way out to get the deposit back.
Either way, the move in / move out cleaning is crucial.
What’s the difference between a move-in / move-out and a regular cleaning?
The standard cleaning is for general upkeep. This includes cleaning the countertops, floors, bathrooms, kitchens and other standard cleaning items you’d expect.
When doing a move in / move out cleaning there are some extra considerations taken to make sure the residence is ready for the next family.
Move in / Move Out cleaning includes
- Everything in the standard cleaning
- Dusting ceiling fans (as needed)
- Dusting window sills
- Dusting blinds
- Cleaning the inside windows panes.
- Cleaning baseboards
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
Extras Available Upon Request
A number of extras are available à la carte for move-in/move-outs that need a little extra TLC. Make sure to let us know if you’re looking for anything on this list. That way we can make sure it get’s done.
- Inside Oven
- Inside Cabinets
- Inside refrigerator
Remember, these are NOT included by default. Please, let us know if they’re needed. 🙂
We’ve done a lot of move-in/move-out cleanings and know a thing or two about making sure they go smoothly!
- Leave a key: Most move-in/move-outs are for empty homes. It can feel like an eternity waiting through an hour-long arrival window in an empty house. Especially if the Internet has been shut off! Because of this, we always suggest leaving a key to get in. Either under the mat, in the mailbox, or in a lock-box if ones available. Just let us know in the comments where the key will be. 🙂
- Have running water and power: Often we won’t have running water or power when we show up to a move-out cleaning. It goes without saying, not having power or water makes for a not so great home cleaning. We need both for a successful cleaning! If you’re having either of these turned on, make sure to schedule the cleaning for at least 24 hours after. If the water is being turned Tuesday schedule the cleaning for Wednesday at the earliest. This way the utility company has plenty of time to turn things on and will save us all headaches later.
- Leave a few days after in case a re-cleaning is needed: If your lease is coming up or you’re handing over keys. Always try and leave a few days after the cleaning just in case we need to go back. If you require a re-cleaning and are giving the keys back in a few hours we might be SOL!
- Schedule other services on different days: If you’re planning on having movers, carpet cleaners, or plumbers schedule them all on different days. It’s difficult to clean when other services are working. We also know they feel the same way. Make sure we all get a little bit of space so we can do a great job. 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions about Move-in / Move-Out Cleanings
- Q: Am I required to be home for the cleaning?
- A: No, it’s perfectly acceptable to give the cleaning team access without you being present. We’ll even lock up for you when we’re done.
- Q: How long will the cleaning take?
- A: Move-in/ move-outs require more detail work than a typical cleaning. Because of this, we always assume a move-in/move-out will add an hour or two to the time of a standard cleaning. A 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom would take around 2-3 hours where a 3 bedroom could take up to 4 or 5 hours.
We get a lot of questions about certain tasks in regards to move-in/move-out cleanings. Because of this, we’ve felt compelled to add a few notes on what’s NOT included in a move-in/move-out cleaning.
- Outside Windows: We don’t carry equipment and aren’t insured for cleaning the outside windows. If there’s dirt or grime on the outside it may leave the inside windows looking dirty after we’ve left. If you need help cleaning the outside windows, let us know. We’re always happy to refer to a business we know and trust.
- Carpet Cleaning: We don’t carry equipment for steam cleaning or carpet stain removal. For serious carpet stains or if you’re in need of a steam cleaning. Please, contact a carpet cleaning specialist. If you’re looking for a referral, we’d be happy to provide one!
- Other Things: There are a number of things we can’t help with due to lack of equipment or for safety reasons. The full list can be found here. If you have any questions about what is or is not included. Feel free to reach out directly and ask.